Search the Library Catalog
Search Electronic Journals
Announcements and News
State Statutes Online
Statutes for all fifty states are available online. Click here to find out more information.
Hours Extended Until Midnight
The Law Library will be open until Midnight every day from July 6 through August 2 to accommodate those studying for the bar as well as Summer II exams.
New Film in the Law Library
1936's hilarious cult classic "Reefer Madness."
A fictionalized and highly exaggerated take on the use of marijuana. A trio of drug dealers lead innocent teenagers to become addicted to "reefer" cigarettes by holding wild parties with jazz music.
Check it out today!
Newly Arrived Books for May 2016
A list of all books that arrived at the law library in May 2016 is posted here.
Newly Arrived Books for April 2016
A list of all books that arrived at the law library in April 2016 is posted here.
Study Aids Available
Recently arrived - the latest editions of Lexis' "Questions and Answers" series in all your favorite subjects.
Updated for Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, Intellectual Property, Property, Torts, & Wills Trusts and Estates. All are available now for a 4-hour checkout period.
Hein Online Guides
Need help trying to navigate Hein Online? Check out their two new reference guides, specifically designed to make you a Hein expert in no time!
Welcome to the new semester!
1Ls: You got a blue folder from the Sarita Kenedy East Law Library during your orientation. Here's what's inside:
- Frequently Asked Questions for Law Students
- Scanning Books: Students and Faculty
- Selected Readings for First Year Law Students
- 1L Database Guide
- Legal Research Registration Codes - These are your personal passwords. Make sure to register these today. This is how you get Bloomberg, Lexis, Westlaw, and TWEN.
New Carrel Policy
Please read the new carrel policy, available here.
April 24, 2014
Finals are here! The law library has resources to help you through this time:
- There is an exam time Stress-Free Zone near the circulation desk on the first floor of the law library. We have board games and punching bags to help release the stress of finals.
- The law library maintains an Exam Bank at http://lawlib.stmarytx.edu/exambank.html , where you can find old exams given at St. Mary's. You can use the buttons on each column to sort by date, professor, or course.
- The law library has additional exams for Professors Johnson, Liu, and Ariens available in binders at the front desk. These are the multiple choice question binders.
Federal dockets in Bloomberg Law
March 28, 2014
Once you've registered Bloomberg Law, you can use it to find federal dockets. Anything in PACER is also available in Bloomberg Law. Here's a quick video showing how to use federal dockets in Bloomberg:
Bloomberg Law registrations
March 19, 2014
Bloomberg Law is a comprehensive research tool, similar to Lexis and Westlaw. You can use Bloomberg Law to do paid work, you can use it over the summer, and you can use Bloomberg Law for 6 months after you graduate.
Here’s how to register a Bloomberg Law account:
- Go to http://bloomberglaw.com/activate .
- Activation Code: Leave this blank. You do not need an activation code.
- Fill out the required information. You must use your St. Mary’s email address ending in stmarytx.edu or @mail.stmarytx.edu .
(For what law school you attend, select “St. Mary’s University School of Law” from the drop down menu.)
- Click “Submit”.
- Check your email account for the confirmation email from Bloomberg. Click the link in that email. If you do not receive a user account within 3 days, then contact the law library for assistance.
Texas Law Videos, for winter break extra study
If you are looking for some light productive legal study for your semester break, try podcasting or watching videos of the State Bar of Texas CLEs. CLEs, or Continuing Legal Education classes, are short training sessions for practicing lawyers who want a quick overview of a new practice area. The Texas Bar's CLEs are free-of-charge for current students and employees of accredited law schools in Texas. Instructions for video and audio CLEs are here. Important: Do not enter your credit card info. These are free-of-charge for current students. You add the CLE to your cart, then apply a discount for current law student in Texas.