Visiting the Library
Information for non St. Mary’s Patrons
Members of the general public are welcome to use the Law Library’s services and facilities only for the purpose of conducting legal research and using the federal government depository collection. The Law Library cannot provide legal advice or assistance. Those who are not affiliated with the university should check in with the front desk. Please see our Access and Policies page for more information pertaining to the use of Library services and facilities.
Hours, Directions, and Parking
Visit our Hours, Directions, & Parking page to find out how to get to the library and what hours we are open.
Public access computers are located on the ground floor of the law library. Ask at the Circulation Desk, and we will log you onto a computer. Use of computers is limited to legal research. While in the building, you will be able to use Hein Online, Lexis Nexis Academic, and many of the databases listed here.
Excessive use of email or social networking sites is prohibited. Files saved to the computer will be deleted overnight. We recommend bringing a USB thumb drive or other storage device to save work. Any patrons using or attempting to use the law student computer lab or the public computers in an inappropriate fashion will be asked to leave.
Finding a Lawyer: Community Resources
The Law Library cannot provide legal advice or assistance.
If you are looking for legal assistance, you may try contacting the following resources in the San Antonio area:
Locating a Lawyer:
- San Antonio Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: (210) 227-1853 For more information, see http://www.sabar.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=14
- State Bar of Texas Law Referral Service: 1-800-252-9690 For more information, see http://www.texasbar.com/lris
Low cost legal assistance (for those who cannot afford full legal fees):
- St. Mary’s Center for Legal and Social Justice: (210) 431-2596 For more information, see: https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/law/centers/center-social-legal-justice/
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid: 1-888-988-9996 or (210) 212-3783 to apply for services; or (210) 212-3700 for general information. For more information, see http://www.trla.org/get-help/do-i-qualify
- Community Law Center: (210) 271-9595
The Sarita Kenedy East Law Library participates in the TexShare program. If you are a member at another participating library you may have limited check-out privileges. See the Check Out Times and Fines page for more information.
Patrons with Disabilties
Please consult the main university webpage on Disability Support Services: www.stmarytx.edu/disability
University Disability Support Contact
Rhonda Rapp, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Disability Support Services
phone: (210) 436-3135
fax: (210) 431-6706